Enrolling Your Child
New Student Registration
Registration packets can be downloaded or picked up at the Registrar’s Office located at Emerson Junior Senior High School between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
All completed packets and required documents must be returned.
Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or drop off the packet at the Jr. Sr. High School located on Main Street.
According to district policy, eligibility ages are as follows:
Preschool Disabled - A child is eligible for entrance into a program of special education who has attained his/her third birthday and has been found by the Child Study Team to be eligible for a program for the preschool disabled in accordance with rules of the State Board of Education. (For additional information please visit our Special Services Department.)
Pre-Kindergarten – A child is eligible for entrance into pre-kindergarten who has or will have attained the age of four years by October 1 of the year in which entrance is sought. Our pre-kindergarten program is a half-day program with a morning and afternoon session.
Kindergarten - A child is eligible for entrance into kindergarten who will have attained the age of five years on or before October 1 of the year in which entrance is sought. Our kindergarten program is a full-day program from 8:40-3:10.
Please Review the REGISTRATION CHECKLIST HERE before completing the steps below.
Step 1: Review Initial Information HERE and Complete Applicable Sections A-D HERE.
Step 2: Verification of Residency
- Existing Homeowners please provide recent tax bill from the Borough of Emerson, recent utility bill, and one item mailed to the resident's Emerson address (i.e. cable bill, phone bill, etc.)
- Newly Purchased Homeowners please provide proof of home purchase, closing settlement document, transfer of deed. Subsequently, you will be required to provide a tax bill and a utility bill within 14 days of enrollment.
- Tenants: CLICK HERE for the required Landlord Affidavit. All renters are required to provide their valid lease. Also, a current utility bill and one item mailed to the resident's Emerson address will be required within 14 days of registration.
Step 3: Print and Complete the following forms:
To enroll a new student review the documents listed below. Print and complete documents according to your child's grade level. If you are registering more than one child, a packet grade appropriate is necessary for each child.
- (Click Here for Spanish)
- Internet Safety/Protection / Acceptable Use of Computer Network / Use of Computer Terms and Agreement / Media Consent Form- Grade PreK through Grade 12
- Student Records Request Form Grade K through Grade 12
- Immunization Information PreK through Grade 12 - For Parent/Guardian Review
- Student Health Information Release Form/ Physical Examination and Immunization Record PreK through Grade 6
- Student Health Information Release Form/ Physical Examination and Immunization Record Grade7 through Grade 12
- Chromebook Agreement Grade 3 through Grade 12
- NJSIAA Student Athlete Residency Affidavit Grade 9 through Grade 12. (if you are currently or have been a participant in a Varsity sport)
- Home Language Survey PreK through Grade 12
- Genesis Parent Registration Form PreK through Grade 12
- School Enrollment Information PreK through Grade 12
- Military Connected Status PreK through Grade 12
Step 4: Additional Items Required At Time of Registration:
- Original Birth Certificate or Passport
- Official Custody Documents, if parents reside separately.
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) if Applicable.
Please note that additional documentation is required for the following circumstances:
- If Parents/Guardians live at more than one residence, regardless of which parent has legal custody, court documentation of the custody agreement must be supplied.
- If Legal Guardian, court documentation of guardianship is required.
- If a family has moved into the district and is temporarily living with an Emerson renter or homeowner.